Friday, April 2, 2010

28 Day Challenge


I don't have a lot of time to expand right now, the clock is ticking. But this week I got the opportunity to learn and work alongside a group of the most amazing photographers and people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting . As individuals, we could not have been more different, but as a group, we were guided and gutted open by workshop leader, Dane Sanders in a way that took each of us down to our core, and at that level we discovered you know what? We're all not that different after all. Each of us are working towards the same goals. We struggle with similar issues and carry burdens that hold us back. But if your willing to share, be honest and ask, someone, if not everyone, is there and wants to help.

But to push on a bit, cos again, the clock is ticking, at the workshop one of the things I decided to challenge myself with was to take a picture a day for the next 28 days and post that picture on my blog, starting today. And because its close to mid-night and I don't want to fall off the wagon on the very first day I need to get my ass in gear and post my first photo.

So for your viewing pleasure here is today's photo. It's from an Engagement session I shot this evening with the most adorable couple. I'll be posting more photo's next week, but for now here is a sneak peak. Enjoy and wish me luck with my 28 Day Challenge.


9 comments:

Artstar said...

Karen, I really enjoyed seeing your work and reading your recent posts. Very funny stuff. I promise I will never ever mention cereal to you, not even if we happen to be visiting Blondie!

Tasra Dawson said...

Yes! You did it and you can do it again for the next 27 days. It'll get easier with time, especially if you focus on getting your shot earlier in the day.

Love this first image. What a way to start!

Shinks said...

Wow, both you y'all stay up late or was this really early? Either way, I'm glad you got my back on this one. X
Laura, love your photo.

Rupa said...

Beautiful image and so cool for you to dig in so quick! Can't wait to see more! xoxo

Molly B said...

Very nice!! You are doing awesome!! Go, girl!!

Mandi Singer Photography said...

Way to go Karen!!! Not only did you reach your goal but you did it with a stunning image. I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see what you do in the next 27 days.

Shinks said...

Thanks for checking in on me everyone, greatly appreciated.

Silja said...

I love this challenge ;)

Shannon said...

What a great start! Beautiful!