Thursday, April 15, 2010

Theme Thursday


If you thought my 28 Day Photo-A-Day-Challenge was tough (or maybe I'm the only one who thinks it is) a fellow photographer and friend, Tasra Dawson is smack in the middle of a 365 Day Challenge. Yes ma'am, Ms Tasra does not play. She is shooting and posting a photo a day for 365 days/1 year and I believe she is well past day 200 at this point. Scary. I'm about 12 days into my own and honestly I'm finding that its not always easy coming up with ideas of what to shot and post day after day. Imagine if you were doing it for 365 days, how would you keep yourself motivated and inspired??

So the other day I stopped by Tasra's blog to see how she keeps the creative juices flowing and came across one tool which she uses and that is "Theme Thursday". Each Thursday a theme is suggested and then its up to you (me) to go out and shoot a photo related to that theme. Sweet, the topic is picked and I simply have to go out and capture it.


This Thursday the theme was negative space and as I parked the car at Target this morning, this sign, riddled with negative space caught my eye. Lucky for me, I had my camera on board and so the image was captured.


Photobucket


1 comment:

Artstar said...

What appeals to me about this image is that the signage is weathered and worn, when the marketing for the company makes it look always-shiny. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will learn a lot about yourself as a photographer by the time you are done!