Saturday, April 17, 2010

Doggie Park


Big day for little Dexter today. He had his first trip to the Dog Park. For a long time now I've been wanting to take him to the Dog Park, but due to the fact that he can be such a handful at home, I was sure once we got to the park he'd be a handful x 100. Being around all those other dogs would surly drive his already hyperactive tendencies to levels not registered on any chart. And truth be told, I wasn't fully confident in my own abilities to take control should the need arise. Can you tell I haven't been around dogs much? Well there was absolutely no need to worry. Dexter was the perfect dog. He did me proud.

He was actually quite shy when we first arrived. Not sure what to make of the whole situation.

Photobucket


But slowly he started to make friends.

Photobucket



Then it was play time. Dexter is on the right but by the looks of it, that could be a long lost cousin on the left.

Photobucket


He even made some special connections.

Photobucket




By the time we got home, he was spent. Play time can be so very draining.

Photobucket



In other news, Fintan is having quite a day of hunting. He's shown up twice today with 2 lizards, and once again due to the absence of some male muscle, I've had to quieten my inner squealy girl and step up to deal with the rescue and removal.

This little guy I believe will survive. The other guy may not have been so lucky. Lets just say there was blood.

Photobucket



2 comments:

Silja said...

Wowww beautiful pictures Shinks... ;) love them! I need to get you to Iceland - and advertise you as a big famous photographer and that´s how we´ll pay your trip!

Shinks said...

Great idea. If you make it happen soon, I can capture some photos of that amazing volcano. What an awesome photo of the day that would make.
Miss ya girl.