Monday, April 12, 2010

Kathryn & Kyle

They were in the same class at the same college, Georgia Perimeter, for almost a year before they exchanged anything more than shy smiles, side glances or awkward "Hello's". Kathryn thought Kyle was cute, Kyle thought likewise, but timing wasn't right. So for a year they observed each other from a distance. Eventually, at a party the ice was broken, numbers were exchanged and a friendship began. That friendship become something more and now Kathryn and Kyle are engaged and planning their wedding for 2011.

I had only met Kathryn once, briefly before the engagement shoot, but even in those brief moments she radiated a positivity and happiness that was contagious and straight away I knew I was going to love shooting her. Then I met Kyle, tall, handsome, golf fanatic Kyle and I could see straight away why these two were the perfect match.
We had so much fun on this shoot I can't even tell you. It honestly felt like the 3 of us had hung-out on numerous occasions before. They understood my accent, mostly because Kyle has listened to many a Padraig Harington (Irish golfer) interview and laughed at my unique sense of humor, so straight away I loved them. They are such an open and genuine couple and are over the moon excited about planning their wedding and life together and I was beyond happy that I was the one who got to document their engagement.

We shot at Atlanta's Lullwater Park and a little bit on the Emory University campus. It was too hard to choose just a couple of photos to share on the blog cos I had so many favorites, so I've pulled together a slideshow. Click below to check it out.

Photobucket


I'm not going to tell you the secret word I used to get this reaction from Kyle, but it was funn-y.

Photobucket


CLICK HERE FOR SLIDESHOW

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Great Photography Karen!

Shinkins said...

Thanks Shannon, really appreciate the feedback, esp when its positive : )