Thursday, April 22, 2010

Theme Thursday - Rust


For today's Theme Thursday we are photographing "Rust" and as I drove home this evening a particular yard caught my eye, not for its well manicured lawns, flowing fountain center-piece or blossoming spring flowers but because of the complete opposite. We're talking old cars and lawn-mowers, filing cabinets and washing machines and lord knows what else. Now normally a scene like this would leave me baffled and confused, but this time, with my theme in the back of my head I basically gave myself a high-five and chest-bump. If ever there was a place to find rust, this is where was it. And I wasn't wrong.

This is the not so pretty side of rust.

Photobucket



Photobucket


And to keep things balanced and offer a little yang to the ying, here is the prettier side to rust. The infamous Georgia clay.

Photobucket


Which I thought looked fabulous as a black & white too.

Photobucket


No comments: