Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Semi-Confession

A couple of weeks ago I confessed to the fact that some where deep inside me lies a girlie girl. A girl who's favorite color is pink. Can't get more girlie than that, can you? Well since my confession I've had some time to think and explore. This thinking and exploring was brought on by a comment my friend Silja left "I don't remember seeing you in pink though" and upon reflection, Silja had a point. I don't actually wear a lot of pink. Hmmm, could it be that pink is NOT my favorite color after all? Then it hit me, WHITE is my favorite color. White and sometimes white's sister, cream/ivory. This is what I'm drawn towards. The simplicity, the purity, the cleanness and freshness is what I really like. It was so obvious I couldn't even see it. For some reason I guess I never ranked white as a real color. Its just white and white is more of a base to build on, right? Wrong. White is actually a color, who knew?

But this is just a semi-confession. I really wasn't lying when I declared pink to be the favorite color because apparently this is my favorite color to accessorize with. Just look at my laptop protector, pink.


Photobucket


Or my Blackberry cover, again, pink. And I've come across more than a couple of scarves in my wardrobe in the pretty shades of pink.

Photobucket


3 comments:

Silja said...

Shinks... now you got it! I agree white is your color... and it is a color hon!
Pink is the best accessory color - and a girl gotta have something pink...

love this challenge - i get excited every day to see the next picture... can we give you ideas or themes?

I want you to take a picture that relates to baby ... I don´t know if Americans will allow a stranger take a picture - so related to a baby ;)

Shinks said...

Girl why you have to give me "baby" as a theme? Where am I gonna get my hands on a baby? I could get arrested here trying to snap a photo of some random child. But I will come up with something.

Silja said...

You know I´m in the baby mood - and I knew this one would be a challenge ;) isn´t that what this challenge is about?? ;)