Monday, April 5, 2010

LA LA Land

Today's post comes all the way from LA LA Land. Ok, I'm not really in LA, I just like that phrase, it makes me giggle. But I am in California, Orange County to be exact and its just a flying visit. A couple of days away from the norm. And I'm going to be honest for a second and tell you today, I had minimum interest in partaking in my Photo A Day Challenge. I've been feeling like crap for the past few days and today it got progressively worse. When the plane landed all I wanted to do was find the hotel and lay down. So I did. And after a quick power-nap I wandered the area surrounding the hotel with camera in tow, determined to capture and post something. I'm a competitor by nature so going to sleep tonight knowing I had not posted a photo, would have kept me wide awake. So here it goes.

A self portrait with a wave for all my friends. Would you look at how long my legs look. Vicious. Love it.



Some of the hills surrounding the hotel.



Not sure if this is a lake or a reservoir, but who cares, water is always a good addition to any scenery shot.



I know this is a little weird but that road reminded me of being inside my own head sometimes. Look at all those signs. Busy, busy. Lots of informations. Too much information. Total confusion. I'm overwhelmed just looking at it.


P.S I'm 3 hours behind my usual time zone, so I may or may not need a little lenience with the time difference.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the comments about the signs...I feel the same way! =o)
Love the wave too!

Brianna said...

you're in my hood! welcome...

Rupa said...

wonderin' where you'd disappeared to! got your text -- thank god it wasn't a stalker - it was YOU! ; ) fun pics -- have a great time!

Shinks said...

Shannon: Girl, I haven't hit grounded yet. Still working on it.

Brianna: Love Orange County. May convince Paul to give up the farming and move. Wish me luck.

Rupa:Oh I'll stalk ya. Don't think for a second I won't.

katrina wheeler said...

oh my gosh, Los Alisos? Thats where my first apartment was w/ my husband, how i miss mission viejo! :) So awesome you got to go to her workshop, i'm jealous:)