Monday, November 30, 2009

Rachel Yurkovich- Steamy Alert


She's the No. 1 javelin thrower in the US. She's talented, she's athletic and oh yeah, did I mention that she's smokin hot?

Rachel Yurkovich is one of the newest athletes working with Husband's Management Agency, Doyle Management and a couple of weeks ago we got together for a fun and experimental photo shoot to help build her portfolio and media packet.

We wanted to do something with a little edge and attitude. Something to show that she is a serious competitor, with a rockin athletic body (intense training will do that to a girl) and a lot of attitude. But bare in mind that we are not your Sports Illustrated, your Cosmopolitan or your Vogue, so there were no fancy stages, props or lighting. No celeb hair and make-up. It was just Rachel and I, a simple black backdrop, a bit of creative lighting, a lot of imagination and fun. And shooting Rachel really was fun. If memory serves me right, she said "No" to nothing. Not when I had her hanging out of her javelin. Or when I made her arch back into a crab and hold it way past her pain threshold so I could adjust my lighting and camera settings in an effort to get the shot. Not when I made her balance on one leg or when I eventually asked her to remove her top. This girl is confident, comfortable in her own skin and has such a fun and positive outlook, thats what makes her successful. Hanging out with Rachel was definitely not dull.

Here are the results of our photo shoot. I think we both did pretty good. I may blog some of the "Out Take" photos from our session in the future, just to show you how weird things got and what a sport Rachel was, but until then you'll just have to enjoy these tastier shots.






A women with a weapon.








There she is, hangin out of that javelin.








Her balancing act.


Oh yes she did.



2 comments:

Silja said...

Wowww great pictures.. and a great body ... !

Very nice girls!
p.s. just as a reminder - I´m not a lesbian ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're not a lesbian Silja???