Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bootcamp Photoshoot

Lauren and Ben were our models for the mock wedding shoot we did in Oregon last week and they were nothing short of amazing. They braved the freezing temperatures, moved around and interacted like complete pros. It was hard to not get an amazing shot of these two. I loved every second of this session. And the fact that they were so obliging, gave us photographers, all 20 of us, the opportunity to try new things. That and we had Kevin schooling us on various camera settings and suggestions so we could try new ways of getting shots that were a bit more edgy and not our norm. It was fantastic.


I’ve probably posted waaaay too many photos from the shoot here, but I couldn’t help myself, Lauren and Ben gave us so much to work with it was hard to stop clicking.



Oh, just so you know, Lauren and Ben are really married, to each other, so that should explain the smokin chemistry between them.


Love this one cos of Lauren's simple glance back.











Another one of my favs.





Workin the dress.


Stunning.


Cool and sophisticated.














This is Bootcamp guru Kevin, coaching Lauren on a little hip action.


A fellow photog friend, Bryan Mikota (s'up Bryan) snapped this shot of me trying to work my angles. Don't you love my boots? I do. Am a boot girl by nature and these are a favorite pair, so warm and cozy.


5 comments:

Brianna said...

great pictures karen! i think you should switch who you host your blog with so you can post your pictures in a larger format...since now you are a photographer and all. :)

Shinks said...

Brianna: OMG! I was trying to look into to that over the weekend. You must have tuned into my brainwaves. More research necessary at this point though. Thanks for the encouragement.

Brianna said...

there is a way to do it I believe by staying with blogger. one of my other friends has a blogger one with big photos (diandraann.blogspot.com)

my other friend just started her blog and she said hers wasn't too pricey to do it custom (lyralyrablog.com)

and then my best friend's who has a totally custom one but i think that is probably really pricey knowing her. (jasminestarblog.com)

anyway, i just happen to have a lot of photographer friends so if you want me to ask around about anything let me know!

Derval O'Rourke said...

Shinkins, so hot right now. Loving your work. Really really impressed. In a few years I'm gonna get loads of pics off you and hang them in my house. I love the random ones of just landscape. Great work, go team. Of course the boots rock. All thats missing is the yetty bit.....

Shinks said...

Brianna: Very cool, thank you so much for that. I may e-mail you sometime if that's ok?

Scratcher: I know, I so regret the non-yeti purchase of Paris. Although, have a feeling I would be confused for wild forest creature wearing said Yeti-Boots.