Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the US and for the 3rd year in a row myself and my good friend Mike, kick started the days celebrations by participating in the annual Gobble Jog. Yes, this 5k has become a Thanksgiving ritual for both f us. Its a great way to get not just the blood flowing but the appetite prepped for a day of guilt free feasting. So for that, I am Thankful. That and the fact that I got to spend the day feasting with my good friends.

Oh and just so you know, the photographer for the day's Gobble Jog was Husband. And although I was nervous to see my expensive camera in his grip, I think he did a good job.



The sea of runners.



Yours truly getting into her stride.



Look at this little guy, working hard to keep them legs turning. I think my Fintan is bigger.



There I am, 2nd women home and a 30 second PB.



I'm not gonna lie, it did hurt a little, a lot once both calves started cramping.



Mike taking it home, also in a new PB.




1 comment:

Angie said...

Hey, Well done on being 2nd women home and the PB. Definitely allowed guilt free feasting after that.