Monday, November 9, 2009

Life in the Overwhelmed Lane

I am fatigued. I am worn out. I am sleep deprived. I have spots. Last week was a crazy week. A burn the candle at both ends type of week and not because I was partying like a rock-star or anything of that nature, but due to working, moving, cleaning, unpacking, settling and stressing. There seriously were not enough hours in the day and most evenings I was left feeling like nothing had been accomplished. That I hadn't even made a dent in my workload. I was overwhelmed and emotional and on top of all that 3 lushes spots decided to show up, front and centre on my forehead. Yes people, life was hard last week.

However, this week I have flipped the script completely and decided to run away. Run far away from my real life responsibilities and hide out in the mountains of Oregon. Yes Husband and I have taken a little trip. Its a combination business and pleasure trip and we are spending most of the week in an adorable little cabin, complete with log fireplace in the mountains of Oregon. And its amazing. The views, the rivers, the trees, lots and lots of trees and the snow, not a lot of snow right now, but some and its perfectly picturesque. We are loving it.

I do want to mention something I'm excited to be blogging about much later in the week and that is the wedding of Gianne and Dominic. You probably don't remember, but waaaay back in March, Gianne and Dominic came to me and asked if I would shoot there engagement photos (click HERE for a reminder). At the time I was terrified. This was my very first photo shoot and I was afraid I would mess it up and the fabulous Gianne and Dominic would have no pretty pictures to document their engagement. Thankfully it went well and as result both Gianne and Dominic asked if I would shot their wedding.

I will admit that I was tempted to say "No". Fear had me convinced that I was not ready. That this task was too huge for a photographer with little/no experience. I did not want to be responsible for photos of possible disaster. But I said "Yes" anyway. I said "Yes" cos this is what I love to do. I said "Yes" cos how are you going to get better, how are you going to improve if you don't take a chance. This brave couple was taking a chance on me, so the best thing to do was to hold hands and take the leap together. And this past Saturday, we did.

I'll be going through the photos in between some work commitments during the week, but I am excited to get them posted.

Until then here are a couple of shots of the brides dress. It was soft, elegant and fierce and the room the bride was given to prepare was amazing. So much character and so much detail. It even had its own red bathtub. Something I had never seen before and we just couldn't pass up a chance to incorporate it into some photos.


The dress.



That amazing bathtub.




No comments: