Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dominic & Gianne Engagement

Recently a friend of mine, Dominic, who I’ve known for most of my track career cos he’s a kick-ass sprinter from Bahamas, with a very sizeable collection of medals and records to his credit, called me to share the news that he was now engaged. “Yeah, Congratulations”. But another reason he called was to ask if I would take his Engagement Photos. This request was totally unexpected. Apparently Dominic remembered that I had been taking some photography classes, so once he had popped the question to his then girlfriend, now fiancée, Gianne, they thought of ME.

I was so completely honored; yet terrified by the request. Up to this point the most experience I had photographing living things was harassing my poor kitty, Fintan, and a couple’s engagement memories, well they’re a little bit more important than chasing Fintan around the garden like some sort of crazed paparazzi. But I was excited and flattered by the fact that both Dominic and Gianne trusted me enough to take this risk and if they were willing, then I was willing.

Historical Marietta Square was chosen as the place we would shoot the photos. It’s a beautiful old railroad town with tons of character, perfect, and last Sunday we hit the Square to capture some loving memories.

I had never met Gianne before the day of the shoot, but as soon as she arrived, I was bowled over by how stunning she was. This girl belongs on the pages of a magazine. She couldn’t take a bad picture if her life depended on it. But more than that, she was just so sweet, warm and friendly, I could see instantly why Dominic had fallen for her. That and she showed up wearing some killer boots, a woman after my own heart.

We got into the shoot pretty much straight away and had a blast capturing plenty of romantic shots, serious shots and just some fun shots and even though it was cold and more windy than we would have liked, the sun managed to stay shining, so we were able to tough it out for a couple of hours.

I created a link to a slideshow, so you can check out the results of my first ever photo session. Just click below.

http://www.kshinkins.smugmug.com/gallery/7477627_CBVJf

And lastly, Congrats to Dominic for putting a ring on it and a BIG THANK YOU to you both for taking a risk and giving me the opportunity to flex my photographic muscles.



3 comments:

Brianna said...

how awesome! i didn't know you were into photography like that. my best friend is a wedding photographer (jasmine-star.com) you should include more of your pictures on your blog!

Shinks said...

These days I'm trying everything and anything I've ever been interested in to try and fill the void. Something's gotta fit.

Anonymous said...

Quality Karen. Very much a quality set of prints!! They must be well chuffed!! I think we need more photos on the blog if your that good at it!!