Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome Baby Shinkins

Today at approximately 1.37pm Irish time. Weighing in at 7lbs 12oz, little Evan Thomas Shinkins made his début into the world.

His arrival has sent the whole family into a tailspin. He is the first everything, child, nephew and grandchild and I have been a complete ball of emotion and joy since my brother called to share the news of his arrival. I already knew I was going to like him, a lot, even though I had yet to see a picture of the wee thing. Now that I’ve seen some photos, forget it, I’m head over heels. I cannot wait to get over to Ireland and get my hands on the little fella. Unfortunately, I have to wait 2 weeks before I can make the trip to see him and let me tell you, never has 2 weeks felt like such a lifetime. I’m afraid he’ll be graduating college by the time I get there.

Anyway, “Congratulations Edward and Sarah”, he is PERFECT and ADORABLE and EDIBLE and CUTE and oh yeah, MINE.

See you all soon.

My brother and his new son.




Evan Thomas Shinkins

No comments: