Friday, March 20, 2009

Babies, Babies and Oh Yeah, Babies

I realize not everyone is a baby person, and for the most part, Husband and I are not either. We're still pretty attached to our independence, freedom and the general spontaneous disorder life throws our way, regularly. But for some reason, when it comes to our nephews, we morph into different animals completely. Blabbing, gushing and bragging, as well as gooing and gaaing and honestly, if I were on the outside looking in, I would be nauseous watching us too. But if all our silly faces, noises and expressions result in acknowledgement by way of a smile, kick or wave, then its absolutely worth it.

And right now, I am finally in Ireland to meet my newest nephew. It's been 2 long weeks, but I'm here and I can't get enough of him. I've basically set up camp at Edward and Sarah's (brother and sister-in-law) so I can absorb as much of the little guy as is humanly possible to do in the space of 3 and half days. And lucky for all of you out there, I brought along my trusted camera, so I can capture this tiny packet of pure cuteness.



The camera was put to a couple of hours work today and below is the link to tons of Evan photos.

http://kshinkins.smugmug.com/gallery/7670831_7Nb9W/1/495251603_BTgxC 

I promise all my blogs are not going to be baby centered, I'm just so pumped to finally get my hands on the little guy, so bare with me for the fews days I'm here. I promise I'll be back to my usual bitchy self after Sunday.

2 comments:

Silja said...

lol Shinks... you´re CORNY! hahaha

But I have to agree... he´s sooo cute and p.s. great pictures...
(vignir loves them too!)

Have a good trip home hon!

Shinks said...

I know, I did reveal a slighty cornier side to my personality, oops, red faced. But you know I would never miss an opportunity to use my wee nephew to get some photo practise in. Expect the same when I come to visit you ;)