Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dear New Home


Dear New Home,

I've been gone for a full week. Gone to the chilly, fresh, snowy mountains of Oregon. Gone to get a break. Gone to focus. Gone to meet up with an amazing group of photographers. And gone to learn. And it appears that while I was gone, you did nothing. NOTHING.

All of my boxes remain sealed and piled high in corners. Clothes, shoes and accessories still find themselves beaten, squashed and pounded into bags and suitcases that look fit to explode. You haven't finished vacuuming or dusting and you promised to open all your windows and doors each and everyday to allow the fresh smells of Fall to circulate. Yet I come home this evening, tired and drain and there you sit, unapologetically with not a thing done. It makes me sad. It makes me emotional. Seriously New Home, what the hell were you doing while I gone??What??

I am pretty disappointed I have to say, but I'm too tired to deal with you tonight. I need to get ready for my return to work tomorrow and a busy week ahead doing all the things YOU were suppose to do in my absence. I hope you fell guilty.

Shinks


(Boot to the Head blog coming. I haven't forgotten.)



2 comments:

McHugh said...

i must confess , pd told me to check out your blog quite a while back and since he is HORRIBLE about life updates i have read your blog faithfully as a way to get my updates:) as a result i recently informed him while u and i have nvr ACTUALLY MET i now like u more than i like him!!! u make me smile and laugh on days where truly I would rather actually scream....4 kids can do that to a girl sometimes.... this was one of those days! Thanks!
Melissa

Shinks said...

Sorry it took me a minute to reply to your comment. I'm having a real situation trying to get internet at the new house, as in, I don't have it yet. Its a pain and I'm losing my nerve with them internet peoples and how dare they hold my cyber life hostage like this.

Anyway, your very sweet to say those nice things. I often wonder if people get my sometimes twisted way of thinking and writing. I'm glad to see you do and the fact that it makes YOU smile, makes ME smile.