Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Boot to the Head

Last week in Oregon I went to camp, Bootcamp that is. Myself and 20 other amazing photographers (Hey y'all) from all over the US and Canada (Hi Rachel) spent most of the week being drilled, bombarded and basted by photographer extraordinaire, Kevin Kubota.


When I tell you this camp was challenging and intense, it was challenging and intense. Never have I felt more tired, more overwhelmed, defeated or elated all at once. This was Bootcamp in every sense of the word. But I learned so much. Kevin is nothing short of amazing and every day he and his team, Kecia, Mike, Eryn and Courtney (who by the way are all going to be sainted in the next life due to the amount of times they had to jump in and rescue me from the pits of confusion) worked us hard, pushed us to find better ways, forced us to think outside the box and to get more organized. In short, they hit us hard. Some days my brain hurt so bad I had to pop a migraine pill. No joke. By the end of the week, I had "Boot to the Head". I had reached the point of complete mental saturation. My cupp'ith did run over'ith, or whatever the posh Shakespearian type saying is and I just couldn't take in another ounce of information. Nothing. But I would do it all again, in a heart beat. It was that good.


We did a few photo shoots during the week too and even had a couple posing as a bride & groom so we could work on our camera skills. Hoping to share some of those shots along with tons more soon. The problem is we still don't have internet at our new house yet, which is affecting my ability to stay connected with all things cyber. Its beyond the joke at this point. They're telling us next Wednesday and we should be hooked up. I'm telling them "Hell No, completely unacceptable. Do it and do it yesterday, thank you".


Anyway, while I wait patiently for 2009 technology to arrive at my house, here are some photos I should have shared last week of our little cabin in the Oregon mountains. They were taken with my new Lensbaby Fisheye, pretty cool eah?






Our little cabin, compete with a snow flurry.






A shot of the inside, toasty.






This is where Bootcamp took place.






This is where I got Boot to the Head.

No comments: