Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Laying Down Game


EDIT: Hmmm, I notice the photos of my fellow photographers refused to reveal themselves, so I recollected and have re-posted. Check them out below.


Don't ask me why. Don't ask me how all this started but a group of photographer friends have been doing this crazy thing they are calling "The Laying Down Game". The premiss is basically to capture yourself lying face down randomly, in places you would never expect to see a person lying down. Its hilarious and some of the things people have done are everything from imaginative and freaky to downright gross and weird.

This morning after a workout at the gym I got Husband to capture me doing my bit for "The Laying Down Game". I dashed into the cardio-room and threw myself down on a treadmill. The lady next to me was in the middle of a serious workout and was not at all impressed with my childish display and let me know by giving those disapproving mother looks.




On the way back to our cabin I couldn't resist the opportunity to lay down on this sign. It was too obvious to pass up. Oh and just so you know, technique is hugely important. Your face must be touching the surface your lying on. Your hands must be straight and locked by your side and your toes pointed straight into the ground. Many's an amazing and creative capture has been disqualified because of failure to observe the technique.



Here are some of what our other photographer friends have been doing.










2 comments:

Silja said...

hahahaha Shinks that´s just toooo funny! You need to take more of those pictures and post them online! I challenge you ;)

love

Brianna said...

this is hilarious