Friday, December 4, 2009

Having a Kitty Changes Everything


"Seriously, I can't be dealing with poo, its gives me the worst gag-reflex. If we're going to get a cat, then your gonna have to handle the litter box and all that comes with it, deal?" And that was the agreement Husband and I made when we decided to give a home to an abandoned kitty.

Fast forward almost 2 years and you could count the number of times on one hand that Husband has actually dealt with the poo. On top of that, yesterday morning I find myself combing my way through Fintan's litter box, in search of the perfect poo. A poo that was nice and fresh, not to big and not to small. A sample that was good enough to be scooped and bagged and given to the vet for Fintan's annual check-up.

Who knew that I, Ms. Avoider of All Things Poo Related, Ms. Gag-Reflex, would end up starting her day getting up close and personal with a box of poo?? But there I was, performing the task in a very matter-of-fact manner and like a complete pro. Go me! My little kitty's health and happiness was so important, I barely even noticed how completely gross the project at hand was. Having a kitty truly changes everything.



Just look at that happy healthy bundle of little kitty-cat. All thanks to me and my new iron stomach.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA...lucky Fintan!
You are so dang F-U-N-N-Y...love, love, love you girl...xoxo

Shinks said...

Hey Girl, hurry up and get you a blog. That way you can share all your crazy thoughts with the world, look out. Miss ya x