Sunday, December 20, 2009

Alfa Shinks


The arrival of Dexter really has me working on my alfa skills. Never have I used the word "No" so much.

"No" - to overly excited leaps at our torso's
"No" - to tearing up his new bed
"No" - to licking my jeans
"No" - to licking sawdust
"No" - to eating planks of wood
"No" - to ferocious leaps at the door when we leave the room
"No" - to eating paper
"No" - to dragging me off course into random wooded areas when I'm suppose to be taking you for a walk.

Basically everything he does right now is a big fat "NO". This guy has so much learning to do. Husband believes I have a lot of learning to be myself. Apparently when I tell Dexter "No" my tone is not aggressive enough and he can see, smell or hear my lack of conviction. However when a girl is all dressed in her finest for dinner and poochy does his signature lunge and lick, complete with muddy paws, then does a girl tap into the aggression needed to convince Dexter that you know what, "No", does actually mean "No".

We have a ways to go, Dexter and I and if we don't start showing improvement soon, both of us are headed for obedience school in the New Year. We've been warned.


2 comments:

Alan said...

Happy Christmas Shinks!!!

Hope you and the family are enjoying the festivities!! Don't indulge too much!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!

It was lovely and cold her for the last week, it was -8 yesterday!! Which was quality!! White Christmas I think, it didn't snow today but there was still snow from yesterday!!

Shinks said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Long time no chat. I spent the festive time in Boston, so I definitely had a white whit Christmas.