Saturday, October 31, 2009

We're Movin Y'all


Today is moving day. Husband and I are moving. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to blog about it. I'm stealing a quick break between truck loads of furniture in order to update.

I know it appears kind of out of the blue. Up to this point I haven't mentioned the fact that we've house hunting. And even though Husband and I have a very fine house in a very fine neighborhood right now, we've always had ambitions of owning something a bit more stand-alone and with a bit more space. Finally we have.

Its been quite the journey for us, 5 months to be exact, but this week we finally closed and now we are the proud owners of 12.5 acres, on a lake, with a small bungalow.

Its so exciting, we can hardly believe it. Our goal is to eventually build the dream home on this property, but for now we will be living happily in our wee bungalow on the lake.

I've posted a bunch of photos of the place we will now be calling "Home".



This is the driveway into our property.



This is our cutesy little home, for now.



This is what we see when we open our front door.



Another area of the property.


Let there be no doubt we are now country folk. Look at those logs I'll be chopping for winter fuel.


When I open my curtains in the morning, this is what I'll see. Yes, our back garden has a lake. Not a bad way to start the day



Husband takes a power-walk around the lake.


And there you have it. Now I have to get back to my moving duties. I can't wait till its all done, moving is such a pain.



7 comments:

Angie said...

Wow. What a new place to get. It's absolutely stunning Karen. Can't actually believe it. You have so much space. It looks like you're moving to a national park!!Congratulations to you and Paul. Hope you two have fun making it your own.
XXX

Shinks said...

Thanks a mill Ang. We are so excited. Now you know where to come if you ever need a break. But you'll be expected to muck in with the farm duties. The cows won't milk themselves you know ; )

Alan said...

WOW!! Congrats!! Awesome place. Can't believe you kept that nugget a secret. I presume then all the work that you had been doing on you old place was to get a better price for it? Or was it more that you didn't think the move would happen!! Have you move far? I think you will become a very good nature photographer, the shots you have taken already look amazing!!

Shinkins said...

Hey Alan, we 're not actually selling our other house, not yet anyway and the new place is about 8 miles from our current home. So not too far away. As for the nature photography, its a possibility, I'm more into people though, but you never know. Thanks for the Congrats, we're really excited.

Unknown said...

Ah karen god luck u guys thats an amazing place oh to live in the counrty myslef......Really happys for yas...will have to visit now....

Shinks said...

Nicola, yes definitely come visit and bring some of your horses. We have no internet out in the country yet, I'm stealing a few seconds on someone else's server right now. Hopefully by the end of the week technology in the form of internet will have arrived to our home.

Derval O'Rourke said...

Shinks the place looks absolutely stunning. Go you two. I like to think ye did this to lure me there. This may work... Love the lake. Sailor can go train in it.