Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Have a Husband


I have a Husband......

....... who is a child trapped in a man's body.

........ who changes his mind, plans and dreams faster than Fintan when he's trying to escape the neighbors dog.

........who almost never listens to a word I say (éist liom).

........who f*#ks up, regularly.

.......who insists on answering his cell phone during all our meals.

........who buys clothes I raise an eyebrow at and wears them, with beaming pride.

........who exits in a form of "Tunnel Vision" when the Red Sox or Patriots flex their baseball or football muscles.

........ who stays up waaaaaay past his bedtime.

........who says I'm not scared of murderers and rapists when I'm clearly and plainly telling him, in English, that I am scared of murderers and rapists.

........who forgets to show any romance for occasions like Valentines Day and Anniversaries.

........who frustrates me so much that I want to smack him, HARD.


But I also have a Husband...........

.......who understands my twisted sense of humor and thinks I'm hilarious.

.......who makes me laugh, even when I don't want to.

.......who knows how to disarm me when I'm mad.

.......who forces me to try new things, regardless of my protests and never says "told you so" when I end up having the time of my life.

.......who says "sorry", even though I know he has no idea what he should be sorry for.

.......who knows what I'm thinking before I even open my mouth.

.......who doesn't judge my twisted way of thinking and my weird and wonderful habits.

........who supports any and every new avenue I want to pursue.

........who shows up with the most random gifts and leaves me wondering "what the hell was he thinking??"

.......who won't stop talking about baseball and football, long after I'm done listening.

........who insists on explaining the inner workings of a car engine or pointing out how I should get from A to B via a map when he can clearly see that the lights are on, but nobody is home.

........ who says its "ok" when I scrap, dent or crash yet another vehicle (even though I know its not, he's gutted but trying to be nice)

.......who turns a blind eye to my ever increasing collection of boots, shoes and dresses.

....... who never complains as the above collection of boots, shoes and dresses creep its way onto "his side" of our closet.

.......who believes I can be great at anything I do.

........who got me the most amazing birthday gift, ever.

Yes, today is my birthday and right when I fear he may show up with something random, leaving me wondering "what the hell were you thinking", Husband blindsides me with a gift that proves
1. he does in fact sometimes listen to me and
2. he knows what I'm thinking before I even say a word.

Husband you know what you did. You did good. Enjoy this blog of compliments cos nice Shinks will be gone again before you know it.


5 comments:

Edward said...

Hi Sis

Happy Birthday, how does it feel turning 30? (and that will remain the official party line).

After a blog like that you can't leave us hanging. What did he get you?

Brianna said...

happy birthday! i think you described paul to a T.

Silja said...

This blog is soooo cool! and you describe him perfectly hehe!

but what did he give you??

Silja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie E. said...

Karen, i loved this post. Hope you had an awesome day! Glad to know that Paul did such a great job of picking your b-day gift!!!