Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Holli and Jeremy Wedding

So I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I'd made a trip to St. Simon's Island, Georgia to shoot a wedding. Well, really my amazing photographer friend Jill Higgins, who I'd assisted back in June at a wedding in South Carolina, was shooting, but she offered me the opportunity to tagged along so I could get some much needed wedding photography practice.
Honestly, I can't say enough good things about Jill. She has been such a resource, help and example to me of what an amazing photographer should be and her coolness and professionalism makes me feel like such an amateur. I can only hope that one day I'll be able to shoot half as good as she can


But let me briefly mention the bride, Holli and groom, Jeremy. The day of the wedding was our first introduction. I'd never met either of them before and I can honestly say, if you ask either of them now, after the wedding, if they remember me there, capturing photo after photo of their wedding day, I'm betting the answer would be "No". Why? Because this couple only had eyes for each other all day long. It was amazing to see and even more amazing to shoot. A couple this much in love provides endless opportunities to capture moment after stunning moment of timeless photos. From a photographers perspective, it was so freeing. Holli and Jeremy were so absorbed in each other, they didn't care what was asked of them. As a result, Jill and I were able to get some very special shots.


Holli and Jeremy also decided to have a "First Look" before the ceremony, giving them some stolen moments together before all the guests arrived and us an opportunity to get some great photos of them together.


And from the tons and tons of photos I shot that day, below are a bunch of my favorites. I hope you enjoy.




Holli gets some assistance getting into her stunning dress.






The final touches before she goes to met her future husband.






Jeremy, tall and handsome, waits patiently for his bride.




















Holli puts Jeremy's final touches together.






Love, love, love this photo. Love it.






Love this one too.


































A view of the ceremony venue. I shot this from the 5th floor of the hotel, hence the miniature looking seating.






A closer shot.






The cutest, blondest and most handsome best-man, ever. Holli's son.



























Finally, Mr & Mrs.






Look out boys, this maid-of-honor is gonna be a stunner. Holli's daughter.






The necklace was a gift from both Holli & Jeremy.












The first dance.






Enjoying a view of the ocean from the hotel roof-top.


Congratulations Holli and Jeremy. And thank you so much for letting me be a apart of your special day. Thank you too Jill, for being amazing.

6 comments:

Ken said...

Nice job, It looks like a beautiful location.

Silja said...

wowww great pictures - my favorite is on the bench when you say love love love... I sooo agree!

you´re a GREAT photographer... (vignir just took few pictures of sindri + me - I put 2 on facebook)

later

Kim said...

Hey Karen,

I really enjoy reading your blog and I love your photographs, they always have a distinctive atmosphere, really love it!

Greets, Waffle Kim

Shinks said...

Ken: Thanks for the compliment. Very encouraging for a newbie like myself. Stopped by your blog briefly, I like it, we may have to link up and talk photos.

Silja: Thanks Sil. I'm not GREAT, not just yet anyway, but I'm working on it. I wish we lived closer, that way I could make Vignir shoot with me all the time. He'd love it. Me asking question after question, so much fun for him ;). About to go to your facebook and check out you and Lil'Vignir.

Kim: Waffle Kim, how the hell are ya?? Nice to see you stop by the blog and thanks for saying nice things about my photos. It helps. Hope your doing well. We may be seeing you soon, I think.

Anonymous said...

Great photography--I think you have found your passion. Do you mean that they looked more in love than you did 4 years ago? You and husband were just as loving and deninitely just as beautiful. But then again, I'm prejudice. MAHAWK

Shinks said...

MAHAWK: when it comes to myself and Husband of course your allowed to be prejudice. Nothing wrong with that.