Monday, October 26, 2009

Retro Birthday


This past Saturday was the night we chose to celebrate my birthday. True, is was a full week after the "official" day of my birth, but I'm a firm believer in dragging the hell out of anything that puts me at the centre of attention. What can I say? I'm an only girl, my parents spoiled me (thanks mam and dad xx).

Anyway, this year we opted to inject a little bit of retro into the birthday celebrations by hitting up a Roller Disco. Yes people, I said Roller Disco. We are talking lights, music, skates (of the 4 wheel and a stopper kind, the good stuff) and everyone moving in a an anti-clockwise manner. How is that for fun??

Everyone was suppose to show up sporting attire to match the throw-back vibe of the evening, however, not everyone adhered to the plan and yours truly with her Charlie's Angels halter-neck top, jeans tastelessly hiked up to her belly-button and a glitzy gold belt, ended up looking like a lost fashion soul. Thanks friends for that, RUDE!

To help give you more of a visual I included a bunch of photos from the evening.


We kicked off the evening with dinner and drinks at one of America's more high-end dining facilities, Hooters. Yep, that's the kinda girl I am, classy, all the way. Here we have Mike, Jennifer, Me and Fanz showing off our Hooters (or lack there of).



Ah yes, the infamous Roller-Skates. Now these babies take me back. As a kid I loved, loved, loved my roller-skates.



Mac and Mike can't wait to hit the floor.



The Birthday Girl and her high-waisted jeans.



Me, channeling Bambi.



A few minutes later and there we go. Just like riding a bike.


My view, as I tore it up.


I'm not gonna lie, the lads did struggle slightly. But the women were on hand to offer support and encouragement.



A little couple action from Peter and Fanz, cute.



Of course Kyle and Husband had to take it to a competitive place. Here they are about to race.



And they're off.



Kyle bit it in a very tight finish. Husband secured the victory, by a stopper.



Boo, time to hand back the old, OLD skates.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you.

Caitriona
x