Sunday, March 2, 2008

One Busy Day


Today, Husband and I were truly domesticated. We kicked the morning off in the garden tackling 2 trees that have been in dire need of a trimming. The branches were so out of control, you could easily have lost an eye by just walking out the front door or picking up the mail.
In the afternoon I played my first ever game of Softball with some friends of ours and I have to say, I didn’t suck. I’ve never played the game before and was nervous I would just end up spinning around on the home plate as a result of big missed efforts at hitting the hell out of the ball. But I managed to hit the hell out of the ball.
Then we got back to the house and began to tear up the bathroom. Yes, we are finally renovating our main bathroom into 2 much-needed separate bathrooms. So armed with hammers and drills and crowbars we began to bet the crap out of the place. We tore down walls, ripped up floors and pulled out sinks and toilets. Right now the place resembles a war zone and it’s hard to picture the final fabulous result. It’s going to be quite the process, we're already bickering and fighting, but hopefully it'll be worth it.



And lastly, its mother’s day in Ireland today, so “Happy Mother’s Day Mam". I'm not going to write anything mushy. You know its not my style. Plus, we talked for over an hour on the phone this morning, so you know yourself. XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jibbi...
I´m loving the bathroom stuff... Can´t wait to have my own!!! It´s been awful experience sharing a bathroom with a man - they leave everything (hairs) everywhere...

I see you're wearing the right stuff at the softball game... the Red Sox shirt!

Jackie E. said...

Hey Karen...sure wish I was there to join in the fun of remodeling. It comes with a little bit of pain and frustration but the final outcome is so great that in the end it's worth all the hassle! Have fun!!!