Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Held Hostage by a Plumber

You may have read a couple of blogs back that we are renovating one of our bathrooms. Lovely. Well Husband was in the throws of demolition yesterday, when he hit a snag, or more accurately a pipe. Yes, he was going man crazy with his power tools and managed to cut into a metal pipe, causing a slight leak. So all the water had to be shut off. Ok, not a problem, since the plumber was scheduled to come today (Wednesday) to re-pipe for the new showers and sinks. So we only needed to suck up the lack of water for less than 24 hours.

However, plumber called to say, “so sorry, but won’t be able to make it until Thursday”.
Are ya kidding me?? An extra day?? No can do. Not only am I not able to do my dishes or laundry, but I can’t shower, wash my hands, face, brush my teeth or pee. The pee thing is killing me. For those of you near and dear to me, you know I pee, A LOT. I’m a constant drinker of water and as a result, I’m a constant presents on the loo. When I fly, I must always have the aisle seat, cos I’m up and down to the bathroom so much. At home we have it down, but when we travel, Husband knows that the side of the bed I sleep on, is determined by the quickest route to the bathroom. It’s just the way it is.

But now my tiny bladder and over active kidneys are being pushed to the limit. It’s killing me. I’m like a dehydrated camel. I’ve really cut back on my fluids and I’m in a constant battle to fight the urge to pee until I have to go out and run an errand. Never have I been more excited to be at work, purely for the accessibility of a bathroom.

How dare plumber do this to me. He is using the power of his wrench and his low-rider jeans with the peek a boo crack to hold me hostage. Its not hilarious and he better not call to cancel again. My crampy stomach just can’t take it another hour.

No comments: