Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Wisdom of Age





Tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out. All 4 of them. I’ve been putting it off now for about 3 years, but its time. I am a little worried, truth be told. I’ve heard various stories from many people about it being a nightmare, about not being able to eat for 7 days, of chipmunk type faces, bleeding gums and how sore it is to swallow. Then there’s the optimists, who tell me you’ll be fine, as long as they give me great drugs.

Drugs, now that’s the part I’m looking forward to. Some excellent drugs would be just the ticket. I have no objections about checking out of life for a few hours and sending my brain on a much-needed vacation. It’s just a pity I have to have my gums tore up in order to get a few.

Then there’s my mother, who is afraid my face will collapse without the support of my wisdom teeth. Which made me wonder, is she in fact taking some excellent drugs herself?? Hmmmm??
Don’t worry ma, I’ll let you know how it goes, if I can talk and I’m sure both my mouth and face will be just fine with the remaining 28 or whatever it is, teeth.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I had all four of mine pulled last year and I was running in Qatar less than a week later! I think everybody is different but it was pretty fun being a little loopy for a while. Make sure you stock up on soft foods though!

Anonymous said...

I had all four of mine pulled out in the US... And you know what... they put you to sleep (in iceland you get a num shot - that´s it so you´re watchin and hearing the sounds)... I had little troubles with mine, but nothing serious! Better to take them all out at once...
You gotta skype me on those pills... hehe

Take care hon!