Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Love-Hate Stuff

Technology: Love it because it keeps me connected, organized, efficient?? (when I'm not getting side tracked by Facebook, blogs, You Tubes etc, I guess I'm efficient), it now comes in pretty girlie colors and for the most part, its small enough to fit in my purse.

Hate it because I am not by nature a technical person. Technology puts the fear of God in me. I will resist it until I can resist no more. I am stone-age. I am give me a pen and a piece of paper age. I am let me read a book I can smell, feel and add to my bookshelves age. The adding to the shelves is very important. It makes one feel smarter than a 5th grader.
But this week technology has pushed me all the way to the edge. I'm tittering and my new Blackberry almost pushed me over. It arrived at a time when HTML, RSS, Layers and mouse over effects were literally kicking my ass. I had all the technology I could handle and now the new Blackberry shows up in a box full of little cables, booklets, CD's and SIM cards. I wanted to cry. So I did what any sane girl would do, I had a 20 second breakdown (angry words accompanied by almost tears) stuffed new Blackberry in a drawer and pretended it never existed. And now I'm begging and bartering with Husband to take this one technical task off my hands. To remove the phone from my sight and just hand it to me when its set up and ready for action. So far no joy, but I'm not done begging and I can be very annoying when I want to be.



No comments: