Sunday, March 7, 2010

Growing Like A Weed


He's cute as a button and I'm not just saying that cos I'm his aunt, my whole family agrees that my nephew is adorable. Its been 6 months since I've seen the little guy and let me just say, 6 months in baby terms, is a long time. On our last meeting Evan was, for want of a better word, follicle(y) challenged, think Marlon Brando in his later years and food was still being served a la liquidation (yes, I believe I'm making up words here, so just go with it, its what I do). Now however he has cultivated himself a very fine head of hair and everything, I mean everything, edible of otherwise goes straight into his mouth full of new teeth. He's building an extensive vocabulary in a language designed by himself and working tirelessly on his walking/sprinting skills. All in all while my back was turned, my nephew has been growing like a weed and it was really cool to hang with him all weekend and celebrate the milestone of his 1st birthday.

Evan was cool enough to allow me tag along to one of his daily trips to the Fun Factory and of course I was that annoying aunt with the camera in his face for a small part of the fun, but he didn't seem to mind, actually he thought it was quite funny.


This is the face of a baby post trip down the slide.


Everything in his opinion, looks good enough to eat.






When you ask him to smile, this is what you get. Cutie










Evan's beverage of choice. What a sophisticated little boy. Maybe he's part french.



This is him ordering me to get him a glass.


3 comments:

Edward said...

Hi Sis

Great pictures, glad you had a great time. Don't leave it so long next time or else he will be off to college and it will be more than a wine glass he will be looking for.

He has very discerning tastes, only the best wine for him. Must get it from Sarah

Jill Higgins said...

He is so cute - and you are so funny!

Shinks said...

Ed: My pleasure and isn't it wonderful how he gets older, yet I stay ageless : )

Jill: Thanks, he looks just like me right? Hope all is progressing well with your little one.