Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Yes, it was that time of year again, the time when it's great to be Irish, although it wasn't so great trying to get into an Irish pub yesterday and believe me, we tried 3. Wall to wall and ceiling to floor packed full of people, Irish and otherwise. We couldn't get in the door, never mind finding our way to the bar for a green beer and some chicken tenders, so we left. We left and made our way to a traditional American Sports bar where there was just as much craic but also the ability to grab a seat and order a beverage with some food. Wait a second, I just re-read my last sentence, wow do I sound old mature. Gone are the days when I would see a packed out pub and think "sweet, this place is jumpin, better hurry up and get inside". Now I see the same packed out pub and think "No, this place is jammers. They'll be no seats, no hope of getting to the bar, a queue out the door for the toilet and I won't be able to hear myself think let alone talk". Maturity really does sneak up on a girl when she least expects it.

Anyway, here are a few snaps from our very "mature" St. Patrick's Day celebration.


Chief of Shamrock Police for the evenings festivities was of course my good self. There's me flashing my badge to prove it. Among my many duties was to maintain a very high level of craic and to make sure nobody's beer ever ran empty.



I don't know what Fanz was drinkin but it appears to have taken her head to a place far far away. A place of leprechauns and shillelaghs




This is Nikki and Cuppy. Nikki is Jamaican but this day she went all out flying the green of Ireland. Here we have her fabulous ear-rings.




Which also went well with her green shoes and high-end green and white Coach purse. "Dang Nikki, you went all Atlanta Housewives on us"

2 comments:

Silja said...

Jelous... you guys always having fun! and looking fab of course...
Shinks I´m loving the hair!

love from Iceland

Shinks said...

Silja, you alive! I hear your volcano exploded, what did you do to upset it? I know you did something.