Monday, March 15, 2010

I know Me So Well

I've been working on a project most of last week. A project that is focused on an area which is not a big strength of mine. An area I find challenging, frustrating and emotional. But I'm near the end, maybe one more days effort and it could be complete. I say "could be complete" cos lets be honest here, when something is that challenging for an individual such as myself, I will work hard filling my available time up with anything and everything possible just to avoid going the rounds with my computer. All of a sudden my house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. And those gutters, well Lord knows when they were last cleared. And while I'm at it I may as well pour the foundation of the new house we're planning on building. You see, so many things need my attention, how could I possibly find the time to put into my project?

Oh the games we play. Luckily I know myself well enough to realize that all I'm doing in participating in a game of avoidance. If it was a yoga pose, I would call it "The Ostrich Pose" because of its head in the sand style reaction to any and all signs of challenge and danger. So with this valuable insight into all things "me", I'm able to push on and force the tantrum throwing kid inside me to sit her ass down and get focused. Its not easy I can tell you, I'm very stubborn when I want to be.

Last week I also forgot to write a fair-well to Peter and Michaela. Peter is a 1500m runner from South African and he and his adorable wife had been staying with us for the past 6 weeks and when I tell you they were the perfect house guests, I am not lying. Every day I came home from work they had a hot meal waiting for me. They baby-sat Dexter (which believe me is a serious challenge I would hesitate to wish on anyone) and Fintan when we needed to duck out of town and they scoured the forrest for firewood when the snowy evening was upon us. They were just a big fat pleasure to have around and the house is not the same without them right now.

This photo was taken at the local supermarket. Why? Why not. We just happened to have a camera. In it we have Peter, Michaela (told you she was adorable), Myself & Cuppy (short for Cupcake)

No comments: