Wednesday, August 19, 2009

World Championships, Berlin

You may or may not remember my good friend Derval O'Rourke. Take a peek back at my blog post from our photos shoot if your memory escapes you.

Anyway, I mentioned that Derval was a kick-ass 100m hurdler and today she took her kick-ass talent to a new level when she became the first Irish sprinter to make the final at a major championships. Not only that, but in the final she finished 4th. Yes 4th, as an athlete it has to be THE worst position to finish in any event. So near, but yet so far from getting your hands on a medal. She did however set a new Irish Record by running 12.67 sec. Unbelieveable.

So BIG CONGRATS  to Derval. Girrrrl, you did you and our country proud. 4th at the World Championships, amazing.

P.S Answer your damn phone, I'm tryin to call you.

Derval.jpg


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Where the photography website!!!!
Well done with it and finding your way...massive progress to find a new passion...
Miss ya tones
Love Nicola

Angie said...

Seconded well done to Derval from me. Not that I know the girl but we (yes the people of Ireland!!) are so pround of her. Saw her interview on the news last night and my heart went out to her. She was so disappointed to miss out on a medal. But congrats Derval.
So Karen, tell her congrats from me too when she answers her phone!

Alan said...

Hope she answers soon!! Telll her she is class and to keep going, London 2012 and she will have the gold easy!!

She is pure class, finishing 4th from lane 1 isn't easy at all!! And she looked so good doing it!!! Hmnmmmm no comment says you ;)


Hope you'll be doing another shoot next time you are home to see her.....

Shinks said...

Hey Nicola: Thanks girl, I know you know the struggle. I got your Face-mail. Will reply over the weekend. Great to hear from you again though.

Angie: I will definitely pass it on.

Alan: She probably needs a break from being photographed right now, but once she's rested, I'll get her again.

Alan said...

Sulk!!! :(




Ha ha ha ha!!

Silja said...

jejjjj congratulations... I always check on her when I look at results - I feel like I know her through you always babbling about her! ;)

That´s great results and to PR at the Championships is great!