Friday, August 7, 2009

Hiatus

It wasn't a planned hiatus, I assure you but a hiatus bore from circumstance. The circumstance being a turnaround trip to Ireland (landed last Friday morning, left in the wee hours of Sunday night), then straight back to work without skipping a beat. "Hey Karen, how was your weekend? Do anything nice?".   "Oh yes, I flew to Ireland, saw my family, attended my nephews Christening and flew back. How about you? Do anything nice?" 

Honestly, for this whole week I just woke to work. If I wasn't at work then I was sleeping. I was too messed up to do anything else. My world and my house could've come tumbling down, I didn't care, I just did not want to be disturbed.

But it was all worth it to spend some time with the fam and see how big my nephew had gotten. And just as a sidebar, the Christening made my position as godmother official. Yes, I am now little Evan's godmother. Its official. Like it or not, the little fella is stuck with me and I with him, poopy diapers and all. Hmmm, me thinks maybe HE got the better half of this deal.

No comments: