Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beth & Joe Are Married

So I finally get to post some of my photos from Beth and Joe’s wedding and as I’ve already mentioned a couple of blogs ago, this was a tough learning experience for me as a photographer. One that made me realize yes, I am improving but wow, do I have a ways to go. 


So with that brief little recap out of the way, let me power on and talk a little bit about the Bride, Beth and her Groom, Joe.


The first time I actually got to meet both Beth and Joe was the evening before their wedding. I arrived at the house of Beth’s parents which was bursting at the seams with family and friends, all helping to pull together last minute arrangements and details for the couples big day. The atmosphere was chaotic, but it was the type of chaos being fueled by nervous energy and complete excitement. Everyone was pumped and everyone was ready for the wedding day. 


In the middle of all the excitement, both Beth and Joe noticed my arrival and within seconds they were over, smiling widely, embracing and bearing hugging me like I was a good friend they hadn’t seen in years. This couple is amazing. Hearts so big and bursting with love and kindness. But it didn’t end there. Once Beth was done welcoming me the rest of her family took over. Again more bear hugs and declarations of how excited everyone one was to meet me and have as part of their day. Honestly, at one point I was on the verge of tearing up. Being surrounded by so much love, concern and kindness with a dash of some sibling bickery was making me miss my own family terribly. But thats just the kind of people they are, nobody, and I mean nobody, is a stranger. Their home is a home to anyone who crosses its threshold.


And now that I’ve shared how much I loved being around this amazing couple and their family I will get to the part where we check out the photos.



The Church and a perfectly warm and sunny day.







Behind this door was complete girly chaos.







Bridal bouquet and shoes.







Last minute touch up.











Mom just can't hold it together when she sees Beth in her wedding dress.



A few shots of the Bride with her Bridesmaids before the ceremony. 



And of course the men.




Ring Barer and Flower Girl talk tactics.



This little Flower Girl needed some last second support from her blankie.



Poised and ready for action.







A proud and loving glance from dad.


An emotional delivery of his daughter to her future husband.














The vows.







A ring AND a high-five seals the deal.



Mr. & Mrs.











Its official.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, this is Kathi's mother, Elizabeth's grandmother, "Nanny." The pictures are BEAUTIFUL! You did a marvelous job on them! I can't wait to see the rest. :-)

Carol A. Houghton

Shinks said...

Hey Carol,

Your so welcome. I'm glad you like them. I have to say a big "Thank You" to your family for letting me come up there and practise my photography skill. Very much appreciated.

Shinks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.