Friday, July 3, 2009

Bestfriends, Captured.

I finally finished going through the photos I took of my friend Derval. For those of you who don't know, Derval is a kick-ass 100m hurdler who has won medals for Ireland at World and European Championships. We became friends many, many years ago, on a trip to Latvia with the Irish track team. We hit it off instantly and as a result, we shared not just a room for roughly 8-10 years but athletic successes and failures, clothes and hairbrushes, wine and beers, tons of memories and stories and the odd vacation or 2. 

I was so excited when Derval agreed to let me practice shoot with her, but was also very nervous. I don't really know why. I think cos we are such good friends and have a long and hilarious history together, I really, really wanted to have some great shots to give her. The photos turned out pretty good. I'm still a work in progress as far as the photography goes and even though I was having some frustrating camera issues, I wasn't too unhappy with the final result.

So here, for your viewing pleasure, are a few more from our day on Howth Beach, Dublin.





















3 comments:

Alan said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Erm erm great pictures!!! You're really coming on with that camera work!!!! Ha ha ha!!

Ok ok, I know you know the truth!! With a model as beautiful as that it, it is very very easy to take amazing beautiful pictures. And I'm not talking about the scenery!!! ;)

Shinks said...

Thanks Alan. Slowly but surly, I'm learning. And yes of course, attractive models make the job easier ; )

Alan said...

I vote that you should keep taking pictures of Ms O'Rouke everytime you are back home. Then we can compare and see how much better you get at the photography!!
Ms O'Rouke obviously cannot get any better!! You can't improve perfection!