Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Classy Couple

This week saw Husband’s return from a 10 day stint in Europe. Yipeee. Don’t get too excited for me though, it was just for the week. Yes, I had borrowed time. The world of track and field gave us 1 week of visiting rights before he must resume his post of “Track Agent” on the European circuit. So this weekend we decided to make the most of our last few days together. 


Friday after work I announced to Husband that he was taking me to dinner. “Sweet”, he said, “we can go to Taco Mac”. For those of you who may not know, Taco Mac is a sports bar. A place of good wings, good beer, good craic and wall to wall tv’s showing all kinds of sporting event. Basically, a fun place. However, this particular evening I had gone all out in the feminine stacks. My hair was all did, my make-up was flawless and I had opted to wear an ultra fem skirt and boob enhancing top. Shoot, I even donned a fabulous pair of ghetto girl earrings. A wife was looking and feeling fabulous.  

I stared at him for a second, I was searching for signs of “just kidding”, but nothing. “Seriously??”  I said. “Look at me, I’m too pretty for Taco Mac tonight”. “But baby, the Red Sox are playing” was his response. Right there I knew there was no way we were doing the romantic thing. A wife knows better than to come between a Husband and his Red Sox. 

I will say one thing about Husband before I move on to the rest of our weekend, Be-Prepared-For-Anything. And this particular night, anything = fight. Yes, Husband and I were close enough to overhear a very heated “debate” between a Braves fan (Atlanta’s baseball team) and a Yankees fan (New York’s baseball team). As a person from Boston and a Red Sox fan, Husband is bred to hate, HATE, HATE the Yankees so he was literally poised, ready to jump to the aid of the Braves fan if the situation required. I was instructed to “take the wife”, of the Yankees fan. Great, the one night I’m dressed all girlie, he needs me to fight. I give wife the once over. Yeah, I gots her, but I do need to remove my ghetto girl earring, I don’t need Yankee wife getting the edge purely as a result of ripping my ear-lopes off. Luckily, the evening never came to blows. Braves dude eventually left and honestly, I have to say, Husband seemed a little disappointed.  


Today, we opted to play the part of a civilized couple going green. Yes, early this morning we took our bikes and decided to cycle our way to brunch. Here, photobook style is our morning.


Look who got herself a new point n' shoot. Here Husband is clearly the holder of the yellow jersey as we Tour de Atlanta our way to brunch.


Yes mam, this little place is where we stopped for refueling. Very Deep South.


Back on the bikes apres refueling.

Husband wonders why you should stick to the roads, when you can randomly take a trail and speculate about where you would end up.

Shinks, prefers to know where she is going, but follows along anyway.


Not easy to snap yourself while cycling.


This is where Husband's trial took us. Believe it or not, this is someone's backyard. Am so jealous.


A nosey neighbor.

Homeward bound.

2 comments:

Silja said...

You guys always do some fun stuff ;) I love the yellow shirt on the bike... lol!

Shinks you clearly need to be on more pictures thank you very much - I haven´t seen you 4-ever!

Shinks said...

Girl, am sure by "fun stuff" you are referring to the biking and NOT the potential bar fight??

But yeah, its hard to get yourself in a photo when your always the one snapping the pictures.

Whenever I get to Iceland again, I'll take a break from shooting and Vignir can take over. Viiiiggggnnnniiirrrrr