Monday, July 20, 2009

The Fintanator


Fintan is at it again. Not a day goes by but he shows up with some captured creature. For the most part its just some routine butterflies and lizards but every now and then he hits the jackpot and will arrive home with something completely unexpected.

The unexpected this time, was a baby bunny rabbit. I know. Shocking. Husband called to me from downstairs telling me to come quick, Fintan caught a baby rabbit. Instantly I was upset and my concern was for the rabbit. What was the damage? Was he dead? Injured? If injured, then how bad? Honestly, I couldn't handle it. I love my kitty, but I'm not a big fan of his hunting instincts.

As luck would have it, baby bunny appeared to be unharmed. He was absolutely terrified, which is completely understandable, but there were no signs of blood and all limbs, eyes, ears and tail we present and accounted for. Bunny does not know how lucky he was.



This little guy was sure he was done for when I whipped out the point n' shoot to snap his mugshot.



Even a delicate stroke did nothing to reassure him.

No comments: