Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Family Moments

It was a couple of weeks ago when a new photographer friend of mine, Amy, invited me along to one of her photo shoots. Of course I said yes. The opportunity to work alongside a professional photographer, to observe and learn, would be silly to pass up. Amy was awesome. Not only did she allow me to annoy her with my many questions, but she set me free to shoot too. And boy did I shoot. Honestly, I couldn't help myself. The family we were shooting was nothing short of sweet, loving and adorable and little Erin, too cute, just waaay too cute. They really made me push and challenge myself with my camera as I tried to capture just how warm, caring, loving and devoted this little family was, I hope I succeeded?!?

Here are just some of the photos from our shoot. I know there's a lot, but trust me, there were many more where they came from. 

























The setting sun allowed me to capture these next 2 silhouetted shots. I love them.





7 comments:

Dina said...

Karen, these are awesome! You are ready to start taking clients on your own. Baby girl is SO cute. Love these and all the settings you guys had them go to. From what I can see you are a pro in editing now too. Great job!!!!!

Lisa A said...

OMG These are gorgeous, wish you were closer cos we need to update our family pic of 3 to one of 4!!! Love the one of them with the field before them....and the ones in the woods are so timeless. Nicely done!

Shinks said...

Dinara: Thank you so much. I feel like I'm getting better, little by little. And yes, editing is not as scary as it use to be.
Hopefully we'll be able to get you guys out and about next time I'm up.

Hey Lisa: So excited to see you here on my blog and thanks a bunch for the compliments. I wish I lived closer too. After all these years, it would be great to see you and meet your family. You never know, I do travel a bit, Denver may be on the cards. You are in Denver now, right??

Silja said...

SHINKS... me and Vignir LOVE the pictures... you are soooo good!

When you come to Icey you are soooo gonna take our pictures!

Shinks said...

Hey Sil, glad you both like them. Slowly but surely I'm getting better. And of course I'll snap some of y'all when I get back to Iceland. I just need to find a gap in my life over the next few months to get there.

Unknown said...

It was so fun having along on the shoot. Cant wait to tell the family how good these shots are. I know they will want some!
amy.

Anna said...

Karen, we LOVE the photos you posted and can't wait to see all. I didn't post on your blog before because we were so excited I wanted to tell you in person, first, but turns out Erin and I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now, colds, strep throat, and talking on the phone is not a real option right now. :( Just wanted to say that you have wonderful talent and I'm amazed at how you and Amy interpreted the same scenes so differently and equally enthrallingly. Two extremely gifted artists. So glad we met you!!