Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Already off the Wagon

Ok, I didn't follow through on the good intentions I had for Monday, but I've still been under the weather and at this stage I know its more than jet lag. Its jet lag with a flu like twist, and yes, I'm sure that is in fact the medical term for it.

Anyway, I never mentioned how the final race in Italy went. It went fine. I did flirt with the idea of actually finishing the 800m, just to see what I was capable of for the distance, but I got tired around the 600m mark and since there was no need for me to go all the way, I didn't. I'll just have to wait for another time to test my 800m skills.
But I really enjoyed my trip to Europe and I especially enjoyed the pace-making. Who knows, I may get called upon to do some more next year. So there's a great reason to stay fit and fast.

On a completely different note, this weekend my parents and my younger brother are rolling into town, all the way from Co. Kildare, Ireland. Yes, they are popping over for a visit and I'm very excited to have them. I was suppose to spend much of the week getting everything organised for their arrival, but the past few days I've been struck down by my mystery jet-lag with a twist illness, so now I'm completely off schedule. However, I am confident in my abilities of pulling it together at the last second. For anyone out there who knows my Husband well, you know if nothing else, he is a complete "last second man", and even though it has at times frustrated the hell out of me, the experience may now actually be of benefit.

Unfortunately, I have no yet planned out the places I would like to take them and some of the things they might like to see. Because they've been here before, we've already done much of the touristy stuff there is to do in Atlanta, so I guess a bit of creativity will have to come into play. Or I could also check out some of the Georgia visitor books to see if they might have any interesting suggestions. Either way I know we'll have a good time. My parents have this ability to enjoy themselves no matter where they are or how boring the situation can get.

But right now I have to go and get a couple of bathrooms painted. For some reason, they are not painting themselves. And trust me, I have waited a long time just to see if they would.





P.S. This is what happened the last time Silja tried to help me out with the painting. She stepped her big old nasty foot, into the tray of paint. A very "blonde" moment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...
Hope you´ll feel better soon!

Enjoy the parents visiting...

Take care and jesuss I can´t believe the bathrooms are still not ready???

Shinks said...

Ok Sil, that last comment is not really helping, its just adding to the pressure. Now get your butt back here and help with the painting.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you need her to help finish the painting?? She looks more like she wants to be covered in paint!! Hmmmm.........

So next season the 800m challenge is on the cards? Hmmmm.... perhaps its good I have a HD tv now then!!!!! MMMmmmmmmmm.......... Alan Behave!!

By the by, did you ever pass on the olympic messages and the after messages when you were home??? Or is that being too cheeky??

Anonymous said...

Yeah I need to come over... I´m obviously the painter in the house...

People just so you know I also painted the panic room... so I´ve done couple of thins there!

Hey you put the tray right beneath my foot!

But good luck with the bathrooms, have fun with the parents... hopefully I´ll meet them one day!

Shinks said...

Alan: Yes your messages were passed on. One was delivered via Skype to the training camp in Japan prior to Beijing. The other was delivered once I got to Ireland.

Silja: stop trying to imply that I sabotage your foot. Also, for those who don't know what "The Panic Room" is that Silja refered to, its what we call Husband's office.
P.S Silja, get your ass on Skype, I've been stalking it for the past few days looking for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen!!

That's just made my month!!!