Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where's My Ruby Slippers??

Right now I am sitting at the Internet area of the departure lounge in London’s Heathrow Airport. I have begun what is a very long and scenic route back to my home in Atlanta, Georgia. Yes, today's trip will have me fly from Dublin to London at the very crack of dawn. Spend 3 hours hanging out with my London peeps, before its onwards to Philadelphia where I will get a further 4 hours to hang with my Philly peeps before lastly taking my final flight to Atlanta. 


Its a nightmare, I won’t lie and my attitude towards the whole program is very bad, very bad indeed. I know a more centered and zen like person would choose to focus on the positives of the situation, like catching up on ones reading, (which I have been bitching I don’t get enough time to do anymore), or spending some time getting all deep by reflecting and pondering ones life and the direction it is headed or not headed. 


But right now, I am not that zen person. I am choosing to spend some time focusing on the negative. Choosing hostility, frustration, anger and my overwhelming fatigue, over anything that may help make this nightmare journey bearable. Eventually these emotions will wear me out and I’ll have to accept the situation at hand and stop wishing my friend Mary (US Airways Mary, of the magic tapping fingers) would suddenly show up, preferably with a dazzling pair of ruby slippers, that with a bit of deep thinking, heel clicking and verbal muttering will instantly beam me directly to my bed in Atlanta. That would be so nice, completely out of touch with reality, but nice nonetheless.

No comments: