Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm Going To Go Bald


Today has been somewhat of an emotional roller coast. I know what I’m about to share will not make sense to everyone, but I feel the need to offload, just for offloading sake.


Photoshop, Bridge, Camera Raw and Aperture, this is what and who I’ve been at logger heads with most of today. For those who may not be aware, these are all programs used for rating, filing and post-process editing of photographs and they are driving me absolutely insane. Depending on who you speak to, everyone has a different opinion on what program they use and why they feel it is far superior to the other and since I am not a technical whizz, not by a long shot, I have been soliciting the help and advice of many people in this matter in an effort to find the simplest most user friendly program out there, which may be the main contributing factor in my complete and utter confusion, not to mention frustration. 


Today alone, trying to get these damn programs to do the simplest thing has taken me to the lowest of the emotional lows, complete with defeatist “why me” tears (no joke, there were actual tears), only to later, with the patients and calming abilities of a Husband, be lifted to an emotional high when it appears that I have in fact made some actual progress. It’s been rough to say the least and the whole experience has left me worn out and overwhelmed. 


I know I just need more practice. I need to narrow my focus and choose one program. One program that I will use for my post processing. That I will refuse to let intimidate me. That I will eventually master and no longer suffer racing heart rates and borderline anxiety attacks at the mere idea of having to upload and begin my apres shoot workflow. Lord let that day be soon, cos my growing locks may not be able to hold on under the constant rapid fire stress levels.


No comments: