Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mission Accomplished

I'm happy to report the flight to Ireland was a success. Not because of my mad packing skills and definitely not because of the "on-time" abilities of the folks at United Airlines. No, the reason I made it safe and sound and right on schedule is because of Mary.

Mary was the customer service rep I went to inquiring about any potential delays for my flight from Atlanta to Philadelphia. I explained to Mary that I had just 1 hour to make my connection in Philly and was concerned about my plane's ability to be on time.

After some fast action finger tapping on her keyboard, Mary informed me that my flight was delayed 20 minutes. Sh*t, now I only had 40 minutes to make my connection. Not possible. Before I could even open my mouth, Mary was already frantically tapping her fingers in an effort to come up with solutions for my problem. And what was her solution? To re-book me on the Delta flight direct from Atlanta to Dublin leaving a 8pm. Sweeeeeet. And with zero dolla in change fees. Even sweeeeter. Gotta love Mary.

So home is where I am now and of course I've been spending tons of time with my wee nephew, who is now approaching the 3 month mark. He has gotten so big and is becoming completely interactive. Tons of smiles, tons of drool, lots of kicking and swinging of legs and arms and even big efforts to talk by way of squeals and baby sound effects. 

And yes of course the poor child has had a camera lens jammed in front of him for a large part of our time together, but don't worry, I'll spare the world too many baby snaps and leave you with just this one cutesie-wootsie little photo I snapped right after a nappy (diaper) change.

4 comments:

Silja said...

Wowww he´s just tooo cute! and so big now!

have fun in Ireland!

Alan said...

Hmmmmm can one enquire as to why you didn't book that later flight in the first place??!! I know it may be as simple as cost, I presume that was it, not that u didn't want to have the ability to relax in the airport!!!

Shinks said...

Sil: Too cute. I want to eat him up.

Alan: An extra $375 at the time of booking was the reason.

Alan said...

Ouch!!! $375 is enough of a reason alright, so I'll accept that answer!!!