Monday, June 16, 2008

Homeward Bound


I’m off on my travels again this week. Today I leave for Ireland. Yes, I’m heading home and I’m so friggin excited. I can’t wait to see my family and friends. It’s hard to explain the buzz, but just knowing that you are going back to the people and the places that are so familiar and comfortable is awesome. It’s like taking a deep breath and relaxing. Everything will be all right, your home.

I’ll be in Ireland until Friday, then the Irish relay team is off to compete in Portugal on Sunday. This will be the second race in our effort to get Olympic qualification and the excellent news is Joanne, our key team member, is back from injury. So we are very much looking forward to getting out there this weekend and racing our asses off.

But right now my focus is on finishing all my packing. So the next time you hear from me, I’ll be in the Emerald Isle. Bon voyage to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage to you.

Enjoy being back in good aul Droichead Nua. I hear the weather is actually not too bad at the moment!?

Best of luck for Portgual.

Caitriona
x

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Karen

The weather is the normal overcast with rain every so often, so you feel right at home!!

Everything on course for Portugal and a qualifying time!! I think that might be on TV this weekend, I'll have to check!!

Jackie E. said...

Hey Karen, have a safe trip home. Good luck in your race in Portugal and hopefully if all goes well for both of us, I'll be seeing you in Beijing in a few short weeks!!

Shinks said...

Caitriona: Not bad = not raining, so I'll take that.

Alan: not sure about the tv coverage, but think it might be. Try Euro Sport or good old BBC.

Jackie: fingers crossed for both of us girl. Go get em.