Tuesday, December 4, 2007

An introduction, of sorts.

Hey and welcome to my blog. Why you may ask do I have a blog? Well, a couple of reasons really.
1. The world and its mother (Irish slag for everyone out there) has a blog and are spilling the beans on their lives for the whole of cyber world to read.
B. I now live in the US but all my family and a lot of my friends remain back in Ireland. I know, can you believe they didn’t all up and move with me?? Selfish. So this is a great way for them to keep up with what I get up to.
2. Sending millions of e-mails per week in an effort to keep those near and dear to me up to date on my world can get pretty exhausting.
C. I have a lot of friends who have set up blogs and I absolutely love to read their posts. It’s so much fun and a great way to avoid doing anything productive on the computer.
4. Lastly and probably the real reason is I just love to talk about myself. I never get tired of it. I love to vent, chat, ponder, analyze, laugh, blab on and on about the biggest and teeniest things that go on in my world from day to day.

So there you have it. Four simple little reasons.
There is however something I’d like to mention right off the bat. Just so your not surprised when it happens.

I swear. I curse. I have a potty mouth. Whatever way you put it, its not great. I have been known to drop F-bombs, S-bombs, B-bombs and every other verbal bomb you can think of. I can’t help it. Its part of my DNA. Actually, I think its part of every Irish person’s DNA. Its not lady like, I know and I have tried to quit, but it never lasts. I am capable of controlling it when necessary. For example, family gatherings, weddings, reunions etc. Job interviews, formal setting, business meeting, you get the picture. But it has to be conscious and I must, must stay on top of it the whole time. As soon as I let my guard down and am among friends and family members where I feel safe and relaxed, then out they pop.

I will absolutely do my best to curtail any extensive use of my bad language, but just know that its going to happen. So you can choose to be offended by it, or you can just accept it in the tongue and cheek manner in which it happens. We Irish mean no harm with our swearing, it just helps us deliver our thoughts, feelings and opinions in a more passionate colorful manner.

You have been warned.

1 comment:

Silja said...

I gotta be the first one to leave a comment... I´m pretty much your biggest blog fan now... lol

Silly (in the next room)