Tuesday, December 11, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA


Today is my Mother’s birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA.
She is 54. I know some of you may be reading this and thinking, “why on earth are you telling her age”? Well its cos my mother has never made a secret of it. She has no problem announcing to the world how old she is. She is even guilty of actually adding on a year. I know! As a women who is very cautious of divulging my own age, I think its crazy. But she is adamant that her age has little to do with anything, it’s all about how she feels. And my mother is non-stop. She has boundless energy. Is excitable as a child and never runs out of conversation. That and she still has soft wrinkle free skin, bitch.
She and my dad have been married for 34 years and even my dad will admit that she is as reckless today as she was when they were 17 years old.

But anyways, Mam, have a great day. Remember, its all about you today.

I’ll see you in 2 weeks.

Love Ka.

1 comment:

Diane said...

She is the most energetic person I have ever met! She makes me feel so thankful to know her. I only wish we could spend more time together--maybe she could get me to stop being a sort of "couch potatoe". She welcomes everyone as if they are her best friend and cannot do enough for you. Christine, have a wonderful birthday--you deserve it!! Diane