Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cyber Slap

If you've read my blog below, you will notice that I used a very festive picture to accompany my rant. Since I didn't have anything Christmas'y in my own photo collection, I did a "Google" search and was taken to a website where I found that adorable little Snowman, perfect, and without a second thought, I added the picture to my blog.
This morning I wake up and check my "comments". There I find the very first comment to be from a Mr. Rolf Hicker, giving me a good cyber slap for using his picture without permission.

Mr. Hicker, you are right, you absolutely deserve credit, if not an award for the cutest little Snowman I've ever seen. And know that in the future, if I need to "borrow" any other pictures for my blog, your website will be my first stop, but it will definitely have an accompanying shout out to the photographer.

So for all of you out there who love and appreciate good photos, I want you to go to http://www.hickerphoto.com/ and prepare to see some amazing shots.

1 comment:

wildnis said...

I hope the cyber slap was not too bad.

it is very frustrating for us, working 16 hours a day and then find 1000's of websites using the pics (which by the way did cost us a lot to get them too). If we get a photo credit and a link then it is not such a bad thing as long as the pics are not used commercially.

So hey, thanks for the blog, thanks for the link and I believe it is fair for all of us. Use the pic but please give permission! Just a fair deal!.

By the way, you were the first one which actually reacted to my post (and yes, by now I wrote a lot).

So thanks for your understanding!

Rolf