Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Dobrasz Family


Last week I was thrilled and excited to get the opportunity to shot my co-worker and friend, Gina’s adorable little family. Gina and I had been trying to hook up this shot since before Christmas but between one thing and another, it never happened. Last weekend however, it did and wouldn’t you know that was the week Georgia faced its coldest temperatures in something like 80 years. Remember our frozen lake, yeah, it was that cold. But neither of us was prepared to cancel and with hypothermia nipping closely at our heels, we kept it movin and shot as fast as we could.


As miserably cold as it was, the Dobrasz family showed up smiling and giddy. Gina brought her larger than life personality which kept us both laughing like a bunch of disobedient school girls. John brought sophistication and maturity and kept things moving at a good pace, least any of us get stricken down with the frost bite. Baby Oliver was a complete trooper. So easy-going and mellow, for all he knew, we could have been shooting on a beach in Miami. The only time he came even close to complaining was when hunger started to kick in.


Gina and John, thank you so much for letting me shoot your yummy little family. You are both the perfect ying, to each others yang and little Oliver, well he’s displaying the best of both worlds. The only thing I ask is that next time we shoot, lets try giving Spring, Summer or Fall a go. Just an idea ; )





How cute is this family?


No cold is gonna keep this little guy from gettin down and dirty.


Is it wrong to say how much I want Gina's coat. Love it.





Oliver's pink nose is the only clue to how cold it really was.





Love'in this shot.


Look at those teeth.














Oliver is coming up to his 1st birthday, so he's anxious to get his walking skills up to par for the big day.





2 comments:

Angie said...

Fab photos again Karen. Love Ginas coat too. My fave is the one of Gina looking over her shoulder at you as they all walk away. It's gorgeous.
Hope the cold weather has abated where you are. It's passed here. So the country is up and running again.
Keep the blogs comin'. XXX

Shinks said...

Hey Ang, love when you swing by with a comment. Did you get my birthday wishes on FB? I was late, I know but whats new? Thats how I roll, my bad : (
Freezing weather has finally moved on, thankfully and I heard things are stabilizing back home too.
Hey, we love fabulous coats, who knew? Women with taste, that what we are. Later XXXX