Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pamper Time

Today Silja and I both had our asses handed to us at the track. Yes, it was more of the lactic, more of the eating track and more of the rolling around from last week. So to reward ourselves for surviving, get some TLC, prepare our feet for summer and just to have some girlie fun, we went and got ourselves a pedicure.

Silja has a real issue with toes, she doesn't like them, they freak her out, so she spent the first 5 minutes hiding behind a magazine to avoid getting a glimpse of her foot digits. And seriously, after seeing her ugly feet, I don't blame her one bit!

My issue with getting pedicures is that I have no idea what the hell the Asian ladies are saying to me. No matter how close I put my ear to their mouth or how many times I say "I'm sorry, what?" I still don't understand. Today, the lady in the massage chair next to me, not Silja, another lady, was getting really frustrated with me for not understanding Asian lady, so she snapped and in her outside voice turned to me and said "She asked if this was your first time here". Ouch, that verbal slap stung quite a bit I have to say. I felt like a bold child. But as I'm working on my anger issues and trying to avoid the whole conflict thing, I opted to use the "turn the other cheek" approach and gave Asian lady a polite reply to her question and then turned to my aggressor on the left and thanked her for her assistance. The bitch.

Oh the lovely foot spa and a pic of my toes, just to give Silja nightmares.







Love the massage chair. You can also get a peek at my aggressor. She's on my left wearing the black top.












Ms. Silja uses humor to get through her discomfort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen

Are all your athletic friends so fit and fine!! Silja is lovely!! And damn fit looking!! Even just putting on make up she has muscles that make me gulp!! ;) I'll def be keeping an eye on the blog to see if she makes the Olympics!!!

And as for you certainly looks like you've kept very fit in both senses of the word :)

Shinks said...

Hey Alan,
Yes, all my athletic friends are very fit and fine. So if you have any single friends, send them off to an athletic meet.