Friday, April 11, 2008

The Ballet

So last night I went to the ballet. I know, so posh. But it wasn’t any old ballet. No, this was a collaboration between Antwan “Big Boi Patton and the Atlanta Ballet. For any of you out there who don’t recognize “Big Boi”, he is half of the group “Outkast”.

So apparently they have been working together for about a year to put together this show which is basically about “Big Boi’s” life, told through his music and danced out in a hip-hop ballet type way. I hope I explained it well. Either way we managed to get tickets to the opening night and were beyond excited about going to the show.

When we got there it was media city. There was a red carpet, there were lights, there were TV camera’s and there were regular photographers. Since we showed up a good hour and a half early, we thought it would be nice to just grab a glass of wine (cos that’s what people who go to the ballet do honey), on a terrace bar right across the street from the theatre. We wanted to get a good view of everyone arriving, just incase someone famous showed up. No one did, at least no one we recognized.


So after our wine and some fried green tomatoes (no judging, they were excellent and I do live in The South after all) we ran across to the theatre and took our seats and I have to say, the show was amazing. “Big Boi” himself was there singing all his own music and the dancers, well they were just amazing too. So bendy and light and co-ordinated and strong and in shape. It was great. The only negative thing was the big head on the dude 2 rows in front of me. I swear I always get seated behind a dude with a big old head. Which leaves me rubber necking from one side of his big old head to the other in an effort to follow what is going on, on stage. Very annoying. But nothing negative about the show, it was fantastic.

And just a little extra piece of information for those of you who may not know. I actually did 12 years of ballet. Yes, my mother took me to ballet school at 5 years old and I stayed with it until I was 17. There, you learn something new every day.

No comments: