Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boyd Family.


A couple of weeks ago myself and my new photographer friend Amy reconnected for another photo session. Amy for those who may not remember, was the photographer who was awesome enough to allow me tag along and shoot little Erin and her family a few months ago (click here for a recap)

This time however, I was shooting solo (scary) and my model was Amy herself, her handsome husband and their 2 year old daughter Rami. When I tell you I was nervous and intimidated, I was nervous and intimidated. The pressure of shooting a professional photographer, while you are still very much a rookie, is like diving into the deep end of a pool, with only basic swimming skills and no water-wings for assistance. Its tough, overwhelming and riddled with self-doubt. But Amy trusted me. She trusted me enough to give me the chance to either sink or swim and for her bravery, I say "Thank You".

It was also a refreshing change for Amy to be released from her duties behind the camera and take her place next to her husband and daughter so they could be photographed as a complete family. Up until now, their "family" photos were mostly Rami and her dad, minus mom, as mom has been the one operating the camera doing all the capturing. So very exciting for me to work on getting them some real family moments.

And here are just a few of the moments I managed to capture from our afternoon together. Hope you enjoy.


























































2 comments:

Alan said...

Quality pics!! Your really getting good at this photography lark..... I often wish I had time to do things like that,... but sure what harm, I'll just hire you to take the pics I need!!! I presume airfare would be included in the fee??

Anonymous said...

good work shinks
scratcher