Sunday, December 14, 2008

On The Road Again

It’s now time to pack up, leave the Emerald Isle and go back to our base in Atlanta. I say base cos we’ll only be there for 3 days, enough time to unpack, re-pack, show a face at work for a few days, then hit the road one more time to visit Husband’s family in Boston.

Although our visit to Ireland was brief, we did our best to pack in plenty. I kicked off Christmas morning with a 1 mile run for charity. Then it was back to the house for the big gift exchange. Afterwards my plan was to help mam get started with the dinner, but the jet lag was kicking my ass so bad that if I sat for more than a second, I was off to sleep. I was worse than a 70-year-old bird. Hang on, that may be an insult to 70 year old birds everywhere, cos I’m sure they had more energy and spunk then I was displaying most of Christmas Day.


Here I am ready for some serious charity running.


The following day it was down to my brother’s house for dinner, wine, chocolate and a “friendly” game of Wii golf. Then today we did a BIG spot of shopping, met friends for a long lunch and even managed to squeeze in a training session. Need to get a head start on forcing the large amounts of potatoes, stuffing, apple pie, whipped cream and chocolates lodged in ass, hips and thighs..........off. Luckily New Years is just around the corner, so my body will just automatically morph back to its pre-Christmas bingey self, without any effort what so ever on my part. If only.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Is that sunshine I see on Christmas day at Newbridge track?
Fantastic!

Hope you enjoyed your Christmas and best wishes for 2009.

Caitriona
x